Outside the healthcare sector, for the last 29 years GBCPR has provided full secretariat services and public relations services for the Association of Translation Companies (ATC).
For the ATC, which has 200 members (12% of whom are based outside the UK), GBCPR is responsible for invoicing all members, general and individual member communication via email, telephone or letter. We also edit and distribute the Association’s quarterly member newsletter, Communicate to around 10,000 language professionals worldwide.
The consultancy is responsible for:
- arrangement of all committee meetings
- preparing and distributing the agendas and minutes
- the recruitment of new members
- the generation of an on-going generic public relations campaign
- development and implementation of its public affairs strategy
- organising and marketing its annual conference
- generation of all sponsorship support
- editing the Association’s quarterly newsletter
- managing the association’s website
- bookkeeping, liaison with its auditors, making Company House returns, quarterly VAT returns, invoicing and collecting all annual subscriptions and conference fees.
GBCPR also supports the European Union of Associations of Translation Companies (EUATC) with secretariat services and assists with the organisation of its annual conferences (held most recently held in Rome and previously in Sofia, Paris and Brussels).
GBCPR has responsibility for ensuring that all the bookkeeping and accounts of the ATC are maintained and are available for inspection at all times by the Honorary Treasurer and have primary responsibility for liaising with the Association’s appointed auditors and bankers.